KNOCK-OUT TOURNAMENT RULES
ALL TOURNAMENTS EXCEPT SINGLES MAY BE MIXED.
- The League shall be called the “Colchester & District Darts League”
- The League shall be Governed by a committee elected at the Annual General Meeting (AGM), and shall consist of a Chairperson, League Secretary, Treasurer Fixture Secretary and any Elected committee members.
- A general meeting will be held before each season start. Voting will be decided by a majority of teams present with one vote per team.
- If any changes to the rule are needed these will be discussed at the AGM but must be submitted in writing to the League Secretary 21 days prior to the date of the AGM. New teams will not be permitted to vote at the AGM.
- All matches to be played on Monday nights. The full draw to take place by 8.30pm and match to commence by 8.40pm. Board to be open for practice by 8.15pm.
- Both men and ladies may register and play in any match. All players must register for that team and registrations to be sent to the Fixture Secretary with or before Teams first match of the Season. Players may play on the date of registration by signing in the appropriate section of the result sheet.
- Registrations allowed up to 12 noon on 31st December. Playing an unregistered player the team will forfeit the match 9-0. Transfers will be permitted as follows; if a player has not been selected to play for four consecutive matches, he or she may transfer to another team at the discretion of the committee. The player, NOT the teams involved, will need to pay an administration fee of £10 to the League, and the transfer will need to be confirmed by the Fixture Secretary before the player may commence playing for the new team. Transfers will not be permitted after 12 noon on 31st. December.
- The draw to be made by the captains to determine order of play. Match to consist of 9 games. 3 pairs followed by 6 singles. All games will be three legs, 501 up. Straight start and finish on a double. Bull is recognised as a double 25. Boards must be in good condition. Start of games to alternate. Coin to be tossed by home captain. Winner of toss to start games 1, 3, 5 and 7. Loser of toss to start games 2, 4, 6 and 8. If at game 9 the scores are level at 4-4, toss of coin made by visiting captain, winner to start final game. In all games if legs are 1-1, the deciding leg will be started by whoever started the first leg. Height of board to be 5’ 8” from the bull’s eye to the floor measured vertically. Minimum throwing distance from the oche to the face of the board measured horizontally to be 7’ 9 ¼”. The bust rule will apply throughout.
- Players may play only once in each section per match.
- Winning team to be awarded two points. Game average will be used to determine league tables if two or more teams finish equal on points. (Number of games won divided by number of matches played.) In the event of teams being equal on points and game average, and promotion and relegation issues being at stake, a play-off will be held on a neutral board to determine final positions. Promotion and relegation will be two up and two down with the league committee having powers to balance divisions at their discretion.
- Failing to appear for a match will result in a 9-0 defeat and any team missing three league matches will be expelled from the league and their record expunged.
- A team arriving at a venue short of players must, if called upon, start the match at the appointed time. No reserves are allowed after the draw. Only those names in the draw may play.
- If at any time in a Season, a team folds or pulls out of the league, all results for THAT half of Season will be deleted and a BYE placed in for the rest of the season.
- The WINNING team is responsible for ensuring the result sheet is received by the Fixture Secretary no later than 12 noon on the Saturday following a match, by post or Email. Any result sheet received after this time will be recorded, but the winning points will NOT be awarded. Result sheets to be signed by both captains to certify that they are correct.
- Any team no longer able to play at its home venue may, at the discretion of the Committee, change to another venue and maintain their divisional status.
- All trophies MUST be kept at the premises to which they have been awarded and must be kept clean. These trophies are too returned in a CLEAN state to the Fixture Secretary one month before the end of the season, any trophy not returned to the league or are lost must be paid for / replaced by the team /pub that it went to.
- Competition fees to be reviewed annually.
- All matters not covered by these rules will be discussed by the committee and their decision will be final and binding, and the underlying principle will thereafter become a rule.
- Clubs wishing to change venue must apply as a new team and enter the bottom division, unless agreed by the Committee.
- League matches can be postponed in extenuating circumstances only, such as inclement weather, when referred to the League Committee no later than 12 noon on the day of the match. Any team that calls for a match to be postponed MUST inform the league secretary by Phone call, text or email BUT wait for a reply before any match is called off. Failure to comply will result in a £15 being imposed on the team requesting the postponement, and the match being given 9-0 to their opponents. Where teams are short of players, there will be a minimum requirement of four players to achieve a result in a match. Every effort should be made to play the match at the appointed time, depending on number of team within the league there may or may not be spare dates at the end of the season to re-arrange games, therefore each team should ensure they have enough players to cover these eventualities.
KNOCK-OUT TOURNAMENT RULES
ALL TOURNAMENTS EXCEPT SINGLES MAY BE MIXED.
- Tournament entry forms are sent in good time for players to enter. These forms when completed should be returned to the Tournament Secretary no later than the date shown on the forms. When the draw for all tournaments has been made, these forms will be returned to their respective clubs with the venues to which the players have been drawn. No signatures are required.
- MENS SINGLES Divisions 1 & 2. PAIRS Divisions 1 & 2. These tournaments will be the best of five legs, 501 up, straight start, bust rule applies. Bull’s eye recognised as a double 25. Near to the Bull to decide who starts first leg, then alternate starts, including final leg.
- MENS SINGLES Divisions 3 & 4. PAIRS Divisions 3 & 4. LADIES SINGLES all divisions.
CAPTAINS CUP all divisions. These tournaments will be the best of three legs then as above.
- FOURS all divisions. This tournament will be the best of three legs, 801 then as above.
- Alan Oliver Cup – divisions 1 & 2, Joe Brown Trophy – divisions 3 & 4 This tournament will run under the same format as league matches.
- All players are to report to their allocated boards no later than 8.25pm. A “rolling” draw will be made from those present at the time of the draw. Late arrivals will be excluded. Play to commence to at 8.30pm and will be played down to the last 1, 2 or 4 players as stated on the tournament draw sheet.
- Every effort will be made to ensure that all venues are neutral, but this cannot be guaranteed unless there are sufficient venues available. First team drawn in Alan Oliver & Joe Brown will be the home team unless two teams from the same venue then the away team will be the home team.
- It is the WINNING players/teams responsibility to send the completed sheet to the Tournament Secretary, no one else’s.
- The dates for all tournaments are on the fixture list. Please ensure you will be available before placing your name on the entry form. FIXTURE SECRETARY & TOURNAMENT SECRETARY
7 Daphne Court
CO4 3PJ firstname.lastname@example.org